Monday, December 10, 2007

DO AND RE-DO WERE ON A BOAT...

It’s news to me that Sophie Azouaou is the “Fashion and Interior Design Critic,” of the San Francisco Sentinel.

The headline of this 12/10/07 Sentinel story is not news:

Sentinel Interior Design Critic Sophie Azouao Underwrites Benefit Magazine Remodel

Our August 28, 2007 post mentioned the remodel job in question, which was being donated by Sophisticate Interiors, Sophie’s company.

According to the Sentinel Story:

Benefit Magazine Inc, a Bay Area Media Company which provides the ‘inspiration and the resource’ for charitable giving in print, TV, and radio, is approaching its first anniversary and the re-launch of its flagship product, Benefit Magazine.

Somehow I thought the flagship product already had been re-launched.

The next paragraph of the Sentinel article contains more strangeness:

“Benefit Magazine is on the verge of releasing a vastly improved editorial product in terms of depth and quality of coverage and of aesthetic design. We have come a long way in the past year… "

-Benefit Magazine, Special Projects Director, Sophie Azouaou

So, Sophie is also working for Benefit Magazine.

Either Ms Azouaou gets around a lot, or not much at all.

I may have to send staff to investigate. Has the new regime actually published a magazine issue, made of paper and ink and staples and glue, that hands can hold?

Here’s Benefit Mag’s latest web presence, no upgrade here.

It shows this jpg of a cover.


If there has been in issue published recently, then much of the copy of the Sentinel Story is out of date, unless I misconstrue the meaning of “re-launch.”

Considering we have one publication, The Sentinel, reporting on another publication, Benefit Magazine, a puff piece really, I'd think someone on one of the staffs would be able to write a coherent story.

I guess I'd be wrong.

----- o -----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting story. The last time I checked the Benefit website it contained zilch. If the webpage is an example of a re-do, then it seems retro to me. the old version was heads and tails above the thing I stumbled across.

Thanks for the update. r.s.

Anonymous said...

First - I love the headline! And second - you being up a good point about the enigmatic workings over at Benefit. I, too, have been to the Benefit website and found it very unhelpful and seemingly in some sort of transition.

Anonymous said...

I meant bring, of course. Sheesh. I need more coffee.

sfwillie said...

Dear rs and SM,

I only hope the BM folks realize how much we care.

If the mystery persists I'll have to learn to pronounce idee fixe.