Sunday, December 14, 2008

WET MORNING



Early morning court conditions can be iffy.

If it's pouring down rain I don't even get out of bed, but frequently I can't tell by looking out my window whether the courts in GGP might be playable.

Sometimes, since I'm up anyway, I'll take the trip, even though the chances of playing seem slim, just to get out of the house and get the day going.

One morning last week seemed impossible, but I went anyway, and there was my partner with undampened spirits.



Yukiko had a little cut above her lip that she wouldn't let me photograph.


We spent an hour volleying across the net, trying to keep the ball in the air. When we missed and the ball got too wet, we'd retire it and get a dry one.

We had the courts to ourselves. Only an occasional dog and owner would stroll by.


And the trees, of course, constant spectators.





----- o -----










2 comments:

Civic Center said...

Beautiful FotoTale. More, please.

sfwillie said...

Thanks Mike. You are the master of gentle andante.